Friday, December 23, 2011

Can I offer you a Cookie?




In the beginning of december my holiday baking list looked something like this:
Caramels
Toffee
2 Kinds of Fudge
2 Kinds of Truffles
3 Kinds of cookies
2 Kinds of bars
3 Cakes

When I realized that I had gone ABSOLUTELY INSANE, the list got paired down to:
Toffee
1 Kind of Fudge
3 Kinds of Cookies
1 Kind of bars
2 Cakes

And finally:

2 Kinds of Cookies
1 Kind of bars
2 Cakes

This plan yielded less than the jaw-dropping results I was going for. But it allowed for me to sleep some nights, which is nice. The cakes are non-negotiable, as they are for parties we are invited to. The bars – this blueberry bar recipe but with cranberry and orange instead – for a company function. Delish! And the cookies to gift to family and friends over the holidays.
Deciding on which cookie recipe to make is usually the hard part, but this year it was decided for me. In my oppinion, peanut butter cookies are probably the least Christmas-y of the cookie family. In fact these guys, with their orange and yellow spots, are perfect Halloween cookies to me. But… all my boyfriend wanted for Christmas was Peanut Butter Cookies. And I kinda like him. And see, all I want for Christmas is a puppy.
Sooo… Peanut Butter Cookies it will be. And here's to hoping there is a furry friend under the tree for me on Christmas morning!


Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup peanut butter, at room temperature
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 Large egg
1 Tablespoon milk
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Reese’s Pieces candies
1/2 Cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine the butter and the peanut butter and beat together until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour mixture ½ cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Stir in the Reese’s Pieces candies and the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, placing cookies about 2 inches apart. Use the back of a spoon to gently press down on the centre of each cookie, but do not overly flatten the cookies.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.

Recipe Adapted from Smitten Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I was recommended this website by my cousin.

    I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're
    incredible! Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage :: breast enlargement cream at walmart

    ReplyDelete